Job Openings at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center State College
Job Title: Head Houseman
Job Id: 101
Job Location: State College, Pennsylvania, USA
Key Skills: Organizing Housemen To Get All Room Sets And Back-of-house Jobs Done Efficiently According To The Specifications Of The Banquet Event Order. Responding To And Satisfying All Guest Needs With The Highest Degree Of Professionalism And Courtesy.
Experience: 0 - 1 Years
- Carrying a radio at all times
- Setting up and maintaining audio visual equipment to meet needs of group
- Training of housemen in efforts to uphold all of the highest standards set by the hotel
- Tracking of inventories needed to allow for all functions of the houseman staff
- Maintaining banquet linen by treating linens, picking up clean linens, and stocking store rooms
- Cleaning and organizing all back of house areas
- Relaying information or responsibilities to the housemen on that day’s schedule
- Maintaining any equipment used by the banquet department
- Posting of room signs prior to any event
- Communicating to management any foreseeable need to do large projects such as extracting or light replacement
- Maintenance requests for anything broken or in disrepair such as scuffs on walls or doors, floor plates, rubber carpet liners. Etc.
- Motivation of and assistance to banquet staff
- Updating housemen sheets with the most current change logs
- Planning daily progress through set list
- Hold to a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene
Duties are included in but not limited to the list below
Management experience or subsequent amount of work experience in the area, high level of organizational and time management skill, current knowledge of audio visual systems, ability to lift 50 lbs. or more, and appropriate communicational ability.