Hotel Housekeeping in a COVID-19 World
During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, we deem it essential to implement new sanitation guidelines and processes at our hotel in order to provide as safe an environment as possible for our guests and associates.
Here are some measures we have implemented to work towards a more sanitary and safe experience, for all:
- All of our staff have been trained on updated cleaning protocol based on CDC guidelines
- Housekeeping staff wear disposable gloves at all times during cleaning, and a new pair at the start of every shift and changed as often as necessary.
- Housekeeping staff have been taught the proper method of removing gloves, and proper disposal to avoid cross-contamination.
- Housekeeping carts are sanitized before use each day.
- Temporarily, limit housekeeping services and amenities offered.
In addition to the regular cleaned items, the housekeeping staff have been trained to look at the guest rooms differently and clean all of the areas that are touched regularly with disinfectant:
- Guest rooms are left empty for 24-48 hours after check-out, then thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to new guests’ arrival.
- Refrigerators and microwaves
- Door handles and locks
- Remote controls
- Sides of shower curtains
- Tops of headboards
- Electric sockets and around charging stations
- All furniture fixtures
- Shower valves – (even behind the valve handles)
- Hair dryers - the body, plug, and cord
- Sinks and fixtures
- Toilets and toilet paper holders
- Light switches & lamps
- Pictures and mirrors
- Ice buckets
- Tissue boxes
- Irons and ironing boards
We have also implemented processes to clean the areas that most people touch without thought and out of habit:
- All touch surfaces
- Disinfect in-room telephones.
- Master keys are sanitized daily.
- Disinfect handles to mops, dusters, vacuums, toilet brushes, and spray bottles daily
- Disinfect the staff break room and all appliances, handles, and tables
- Bell truck and luggage cart handholds are disinfected after each use
- Sanitize vending machines, guest laundry (machines, soap, and change dispensers, surfaces, door handles, door jams, and seats)
- Remove pamphlets, maps, menus, and magazines from common areas
- Disinfect seats, tables, lamps, and all areas that are commonly touched by guests in lobbies and common areas
OTHER MEASURES WE HAVE UNDERTAKEN:
- Sneeze guard at Front Desk and restaurant hostess station installed
- Revised breakfast procedures and modified restaurant hours
- Spread breakfast tables so that they meet the safety distance standards that are currently in place
- Hand sanitizer available at front desk, restaurant and bar.
- Properties with saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms refer to CDC guidelines for proper protocols and precautions
- Keep disinfectant wipes, and waste baskets beside public phones or other frequently touched amenities
- Proper safety protocols are taken in regards to disinfecting fitness rooms, and equipment
- Increased cleaning and disinfectant times, including between guests and as often as needed.
- Continue to monitor and adjust procedures based on current CDC guidelines.